Sunday 8 March 2009

Logic behind Title!!

The best topic to start the blog, I thought would be to reason out the title of my blog page. Behind the scenes this title is inspired from Tom Hanks starrer - 'Forrest Gump' (one of my favourite!!). I guess the message conveyed in the movie is strong and inspiring. I have always wondered - do we control our destiny or does destiny control us. A heavy topic to discuss isnt it!! So please let us not discuss, I will convey my thoughts and that's it!! :-)
I was reading a review of the movie some day back to understand what people think is the message from the movie and I thought the phrase 'Meandering to the end' rightly fits for the movie. This review says like the rivers which have the destiny to reach an ocean, every human has a destiny, but the path we take will be different just like a river and this is the message conveyed across. If you have not seen this movie watch it now, it is one of the true classics. It conveys its message through 3 characters - 1st the protoganist who goes along with the wind, 2nd the heroine who wants to be set free and tries to create her own destiny & 3rd an army lieutenant who thinks he controls his own destiny but is frustrated as the destiny makes him do different things in life contrary to what he expected. So definitely an interesting watch for a sunday evening..what say!!

No comments:

Post a Comment